Monday, December 31, 2012

Currently: January

I know I am a day early, but figured if Farley can post her January Currently on December 31....then so can I!  Check out Oh Boy 4th Grade to join in!  HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!  Hope you all have a great night saying goodbye to 2012 and ringing in 2013!
Listening:  Today I went to the produce store and grocery store so I could make a couple large batches of healthy veggie soups for the new year!  I am freezing them in individual containers so I can bring them as school lunches...wanting to start out the new year on a bit of a health kick after all then junk I have been eating the past couple weeks.  Here are links to the recipes I made.  The both turned out pretty tasty! Autumnal Minestrone   and Weight Watchers 0 Point Soup.

Loving:  I am super excited about my Smitten Kitchen Cookbook, new purses, boots, and pearl earrings...all the things I asked for!  I also got some nice surprises...a digital photo frame, toaster, label maker (for my classroom!), whip cream machine, and more!  Most of all, my time home celebrating the holidays reminded me of how lucky I am to have so many fabulous people (friends and family) in my life!

Thinking:  Because of our strike, we lost two days of winter break.  I just want to stay home in my PJs for the rest of the week!

Wanting:  We have gone to Pasadena the last two years to see the WI Badgers play in the Rose Bowl.  This year, we are trying to be responsible (since flights were $800 a person and we are getting married this year), so are staying home.  Not to worry, we will still be surrounded by some of my favorite Badger fans while watching the game from a bar!

Needing:  I have been a real slacker with my store lately.  All my wedding planning, working out, blogging, and watching Game of Thrones has kind of taken up all my free time!

One Little Word:  CAN.  This is what I have been telling myself whenever times get tough..."I can do this."  When I'm trying to procrastinate working out I say to myself, "I can do this...I can do anything for an hour."  When a kid is driving my crazy at school throwing a two hour tantrum, "I can deal with this until the end of the school day."  This helps me keep calm and positive in the moment instead of giving up or freaking out!  

8 comments:

  1. I need to make some things for TPT too! I've been working on it little by little over break but I need to step it up and get it done! Great OLW too! Have a Happy New Year!
    Amy
    The Resource(ful) Room

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hailey...thanks for stopping by and for the comment and follow! Just stopping by to check your blog out. I love your OLW! Can is a great word....I am constantly telling my students they CAN do things and like my mom used to tell me....Can't Never Could! I'm following you too now! Have a blessed and happy 2013!

    Vicky
    Keep Calm & Imagine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your word - I'm constantly sounding like The Little Engine - "I think I can, I think I can..." I'm your newest follower - very cute blog!

    Emily
    I Love My Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to go back on Thursday as well. =(
    I would LOVE just a few more days... Hah!

    Ms. Smith
    Adventures of Ms. Smith

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were rooting for the Badgers! Are you for WI/a UW-Madison grad? I am not a football person, but I did head over to a friend's house to watch the game:) What a bummer to loose 3 years in a row:( Enjoy your extra day off! Wish I didn't have to go back tomorrow.

    We are ALL Special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am a UW-Madison grad! It was a bummer of a game...but at least I am happy I didn't spend all that money to go to the game in Pasadena this year! Hope your first day back today was good...at least it is only a 3-day week!

      Delete
  6. What a great OLW! You CAN!! :)

    Random, but have you ever thought of making a blog button that people could put on their own site? I would love to add your button if you would make one because your blog is awesome.

    Brie @ Breezy Special Ed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the idea about the blog button! I actually just made one and posted it on my side bar! Thanks for reading!!

      Delete